-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Metapad install

  • From: "Judith/agoodread.com" <jtb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 11:23:59 -0700

I have Crimson Editor come up instead of notepad when I click
physically and changed all the places notepad was in.

So how do you run a bat file???

Judith
http://www.agoodread.com

Under replacing Notepad with Metapad on Windows XP:

A variation on the method above follows (submitted by Samutz):

  I found another way to replace notepad with metapad that
doesn't require
you to work too fast. I made a copy of metapad.exe called
notepad.exe, then
made a batch file with the following commands:

    copy /-y notepad.exe C:\WINDOWS\System32\dllcache
    copy /-y notepad.exe C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386
    copy /-y notepad.exe C:\WINDOWS\System32
    copy /-y notepad.exe C:\WINDOWS
    Then I saved it as copy.bat and ran it. It prompts for
overwrite for
each file, but all you have to hit is Y and Enter a few times. I
find it
much easier than trying to flip through folders as fast as I can
to paste it
before Windows replaces it.