-=PCTechTalk=- Re: : MailWasher program

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 20:53:06 -0700

Hi Milady,
A friend may show up as a suspected spam if the words used fit the spam
filters you have enabled.
Members of a group are not automatically friend.

I have seen friends from one group posting to other groups with words which
trip my spam filter.
Of course the senders name may be spoofed.

I have noticed several spam to me sent by me ! NOT.

The secret of Mail washers is to block everything and then add in your
friends.
I have it running on a second monitor 18hrs a day so that I can pre screen
my email before downloading it.

I hope this helps explain it.

http://www.mwn.ca/ UPDATED 17/10/03
See my Anti-Virus pages
<http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/mikes_virus_page.htm>
A Technical Support Alliance Charter Member

On 21/10/2003 at 8:15 PM milady wrote:

it's really weird how it comes up as possible spam. One time I will get one
name and the next time not. And some names every time even tho they are part
of lists and aren't.  Just doesn't WASH??? LOL...sighhhh