-=PCTechTalk=- Re: : MailWasher program

  • From: "barnestoneworth" <barneystorm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 17:06:00 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "The Keyboard Cowboy" <KBCowboy@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 3:53 PM
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: : MailWasher program

> Not so Andy.........break out of the box!  Most all use other words or
> phrases in the e-mailk that are consistent.  How about "low cost
> prescription" or "don't need a prescription", etc??  Use other phrases
> and catch SPAM by creating "category filters".

So what happens when they throw in an apostraphe in the middle? It
completely bypasses any filter you create...

> Frankly, the best way to stop SPAM is to get rid of the notion that
> you should keep an E-Mail addy forever.  Get several E-Mail addresses
> from your ISP.  Use one for personal e-mail and never, never use it
> for registration, subscribing to lists, purchases, etc.   Use another
> for all lists.  Use still another for purchases, or better yet, use
> one of the temporary e-mail addresses for purchases and set it for
> eight days.

I have an address I do not send anything at all from..I only use it for
receiving from people I know-the address is only in the hands of  20 to 30
people -I'm even getting Spam in there now

> If over time you begin to get SPAM on an account...........more than
> you want to deal with using filters, just delete the account and get a
> new one.  It takes far, far less time to resubscribe to lists, etc.,
> with a new E-Mail addy than it does to play with SPAM programs and
> risk lost good mail.

Again, I can't agree there..Mailwasher does everything I want it to..far,
far beyond just catching Spam, and if anything, it reduces the risk of
missing good mail where someone uses a word or phrase that ties in with a
filter.

Andy