-=PCTechTalk=- Re: MS Office

  • From: "Robert Andrew Dulaney Jr." <rdulaneyjr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 20:59:03 -0700 (PDT)

I know of several people who are still running '97 on xp - my sis for one so
you should have no problems
  good luck
Sammi <sammi@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Thank you so much for your reply! I have had unexpected company all day and
just got online, so this is a welcome answer and just what I wanted to hear.

As to Open Office, I have heard good things about it on this list and might
have used it, but since I already paid my money for the MS Office 97, if it
will work, then I am one happy camper! The friends/relatives I need to help
are using the MS version so I think that will work better for all of us.

I am just helping out a couple of friends/relatives who need to do some
basic chores using PowerPoint and Excel. So I need to be able to see what I
am doing on this PC. I don't like working on other people's computers if I
can possible get out of it. If I mess mine up, I don't have to answer to
anyone else about it! My DH wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole unless
I'm there to help guide him. And that's usually just buying sporting
goods,etc. for the grandsons! I like being the only one on my computer, LOL

Again, thank you for your reply,

Sammi