-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Kubuntu WLAN setup

  • From: "Don101" <don101@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 23:25:36 -0400

Glen,
If I understood correctly, I read something on a broadcom support page
somewhere that the latest Linux kernel can support at least the newer
broadcom wireless adapters. The kernel in wubi-Ubuntu KDE must be a
bit old.

It doesn't make sense to me that a manufacturer of a cheap generic
adapter would not want its devices to work under Linux.

I am not going to try to understand what that website said needed to
be done to make things work.  Thanks for the offer of help but my
experience and my meds would not support the effort.

I'll try another distro soon and see what happens.  They will
eventually include support for the adapter.  I'm certainly in no great
rush to learn a new OS.  <grin>

Don