-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Internet Explorer Problems

  • From: GMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 02:40:53 -0500

Cristy,
    These extensions only work in browsers that are based on the Mozilla
code.  That translates mainly to Firefox and Netscape, but AOL just recently
announced that they're discontinuing the Netscape brand and will no longer
be supporting security updates for that browser.

    These extensions are installed by either dragging it into a browser
window or by double clicking on the extension file.  Most of these extension
files are less than 200K, so they're not much at all to download.  So again,
if you decide to check out Firefox, we'll be right here to guide you through
and show you where to find any type of extension you might want.

    Two links for the NoSquint extension page are below.  The first one is
the extensions page that's hosted at the Mozilla site itself (it's just one
of a huge collection of extensions there), while the second is a site
created by the makers of the extension.

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2592/
http://urandom.ca/nosquint/

http://www.alternet.org/democracy/77498/?page=entire
"The only dumb questions are the ones we fail to ask!"