-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Internet Explorer Problems

  • From: GMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 01:03:07 -0500

Cristy,
    I use an extension called NoSquint, which is designed to automatically
increase the font size of all web pages to your specs.  In addition, it also
allows you to hold down the CTRL key and use your mouse wheel to increase or
decrease it as needed.  It gives the option to remember each site's settings
if you prefer some different then the others.  All in all, it's made my
surfing so much easier, especially considering how much research & reading I
do on this beast.

    Extensions are very small downloads that fundamentally change the way
you interact with the browser.  Most of them have their own options menu so
that you can customize them to your liking and there are plenty of Firefox
users who can help you choose which ones are right for your needs.  When I
first installed it, our very own Cowboy came to my rescue and recommended a
bunch that he really liked.  I probably still use most of his suggestions to
this day (it's been a while, so my memory is suspect on which ones they
were), although I've also added some of my own by reading through the
descriptions of what's available.

http://www.alternet.org/democracy/77498/?page=entire
"The only dumb questions are the ones we fail to ask!"