-=PCTechTalk=- Re: IE Association Error

  • From: dktrfaustus@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 23:35:48 +0100

On 26 Apr 2005 at 14:18, C.E. Cochran wrote:
> In certain sites I access using IE, the
> following error message comes up:

What sites?
(If, for whatever reason, you'd rather not disclose the site(s)
publicly, feel free to send the info to my private address.)

The error message would suggest that one of your Browser Helper
Objects is screwed-up. (Legitimate BHOs include IE's Adobe Reader
plugin, also, the-one-that-enables-you-to-view-Word-files-in-IE-
without-opening-full-blown-Word, the one for Excel...etc.) There are
all sorts of nasty BHO objects out there as well, though. One of them
may have messed with your browser's associations.

Faustus