-=PCTechTalk=- Re: IC power - walmart computer's

  • From: "Don" <dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 09:21:12 -0400

Most employers, maybe ALL employers, offer sufficient pay and benefits
necessary to attract the quantity and quality of employee they desire.

An important factor in determining what pay and benefits is necessary is
supply and demand.  The more workers available the lower the pay and
benefits.  When unemployment goes above 4 or 5% you can expect wages to
stablize or go down.  Below that figure, expect them to go up.

When females outnumber males, they can raise their mating standards while
the males must lower theirs.  When males outnumber females, the reverse is
true.

Supply and demand.  Pure and simple.

If your son has been employed at one employer (wal-mart or any where
else)and is still earning just a hair above minimum wage, it is either a
very thick hair or there is a glut of workers in his area or he has no
skills whatsoever or factor(s) in his job performance is/are lacking.  I
can't think of any other reason for a person with YEARS at a company to
still earn a hair above minimum wage.  I started at $2+ over federal minimum
wage.  I had 1.5 years experience in a grocery store and a proven record of
job stability and reliability.  Pay raise after 90 days and annual raises
thereafter.

Don

Don