-=PCTechTalk=- Re: How do I share 1 database?

  • From: GMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 16:20:47 -0500

Hi Gaynel,
    I know it's been a while, but I just tried to get you some more info on
this and came up woefully short.  Apparently there's no way to get the two
of those versions to share a single database (PST and PIP as simply
incompatible).

    However, Outlook 2007 (as well as Office 2007) allows up to 3 concurrent
installs in its TOS.  This means that you can upgrade the Office 2003 to
2007 and then share the resulting .PIP email store if you wish.  If you have
found that you prefer 2003, you may be able to take the two in that
direction instead, but I'm not aware of the multiple install terms for 2003
yet.  If either of these options sounds like a good plan, let us know and
we'll help you through any of the steps that catch you off guard.
:O)

Peace,
GMan
http://tinyurl.com/2s8x23
"The only dumb questions are the ones we fail to ask!"