-=PCTechTalk=- Re: How 2 transfer Stationery from old to new machine

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 12:26:23 -0400

Hi Sandy,
    Congrats on the new addition to the family!  Glad to hear you got
through all that funky weather and it's good to know that you and hubby
aren't skeeered of a little tech work, either.    lol

    I used to run a stat group (I was a high level mod, but the owner was
mostly absent), but I've been out of that scene since 2001.  The good news
is that you CAN just copy over your stationery to the new system.  What's
yet to be discovered is how well XP will render the stats once they're
there.  You'll want to try setting up an experiment with a friend to send
them a couple and see how it looks on their end.  I suspect all will be
fine, but my suspect is sometimes suspect.      lol

    The external 120 has me confused, though.  Any operating system using
NTFS (yes, you got it right) should have no problem seeing and using a drive
formatted with FAT32, so I suspect something else is going on.  Please try
your format again and then tell me the exact wording of the error message
you receive.  As long as the drive is in decent shape, I'm sure there's an
easy fix for what's ailing it.

Peace,
Gman