-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Hook up hard drives

  • From: "Bashful Bob" <Bashfulbob@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 11:06:11 -0500

Hi
They go by several names, jump drives, USB drives, flash drives, etc.

I have one manufactured by Kingston. It is 256 K.  It came with what they
advertised as a 6 inch cable. Fact it is 5 inches from tip to tip, so minus
the connectors on the cable, the cable is only an inch and a half. BUT it
was the ONLY one in the store that came with a extension cable. It also came
with a neck cord.

If you are running XP you will NOT need to load the drivers that came with
it. If you are running 98 you will need to load the drivers to use it. Did I
mention that the Kingston also came with a CD with the drivers on it.

I use it at school and hardly ever use the Omega Zip hard drive any more.
Life is what happens in between plans.

Virus free email by Norton's
This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and/or entity to
confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are
not the addressee, or authorized to receive this on behalf of the addressee,
you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose, or distribute
to anyone this message or any part thereof. If you have received this in
error, please immediately advise the sender by e-mail and delete this
information. Thank you