-=PCTechTalk=- Re: High Speed Internet Connection

  • From: "Sandi Beach" <sandib2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 11:40:01 -0500

O.K. here goes!  I am sending (copied and pasted) excerpts from the e-mail I
sent to the main office of Nex-Tech.
"When I talked to Darcie  at Phillipburg she told me the trial data card was
out but should be available in about a week.  I went in at the end of that
time and they took a data card off the wrack (it appeared new and in it's
original wrap) and sent it home with me.  I quickly found that it was for a
laptop and could not be used on my desktop.  I called and whoever answered
the phone that time told me they had an adapter but it was "out".  I
immediately took the data card back and asked why they had sent this one as
I had been very clear that I have a desktop.  "Well, they thought I had both
a desktop and a laptop".  They said they would call me when the one came
back in with the adaptor.  It is now Sept. 11th and I had not heard from
anyone.  (No one could tell me how long the "waiting list" might be).
Today when I asked if the adapter had come in they looked and it had so I
was sent home with an adapter.  When I asked Darcy about the data card she
said this is all I will need.  It did not take long for me to realize, after
I got home, that I needed the data card.  (This is all new stuff to me so I
am partly at fault for not being more knowledgeable).  I called again
explaining that it appeared to me that I still could not try this without
the data card.  Darcy said she thought I already had that.
As you might imagine by now, I feel like I have been lead down the garden
path and I am getting nowhere as far as a trial to see if we can even get
wireless.
Again I asked about the waiting list and was told they had no idea how long
it might be.  I was told my option would be to go ahead and sign up and then
I could find out if it worked (paying the $100. or more).
Traci, Can you help me with this?  I can't seem to get straight answers or
even find out how much longer I might have to wait to try the data card.
I was also told today that the 14 day trial comes in after one signs up for
the service.  That was not what I was first led to believe.
I am really sorry to have to lodge a complaint as I have been really pleased
with Nex-Tech Service in regard to our land line and cell phones.
Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated!!"
I got an immediate answer to the above and the lady said she was personally
taking this on and would get back to me.  She was also the one that sent out
someone to do a second site survey in an attempt to get high speed from
their tower with Lightning Jack.
I got an e-mail today saying she would be in my town today and was bringing
the card and it would have my name on it.  She also gave me detailed
instructions on how to hook it up and what do with prompts on the disk.
What a welcome change!
So, folks, I should be able to write again tomorrow and let you know if I
can get wireless where I live.
Sandi