-=PCTechTalk=- Re: HOST file / was lost images in email again

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 19:53:58 -0700

Hi Angy,
the HOST file is the same thing that the virus/worms/ and malware write to=
 to prevent you from getting to the web sites which could help you.

Mike ~ one of the Moderators
It is a good day if I learned something new.
Editor MikesWhatsNews http://www.mwn.ca/

******* Mike's  REPLY SEPARATOR *********

On 5/10/2005 at 3:36 AM Ange wrote:

Hi Mike
Found this really interesting ~ hopefully it'll have some use in my=
 studies.
Thanks
Ange
a.k.a. Clueless of Doncaster
http://www.geocities.com/locustchewed/outanabout.html

~~~~~The Clueless Reply Separator~~~~~
From: "Mike"

Hi Sandy,

In Windows XP the hosts file is located in:
 \%Systemroot%\System32\Drivers\Etc folder
(where \%Systemroot%\ is the location of your Windows folder).
It has the same function under XP that has under Windows 9X and 2K.
C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc

or you can use this one:
http://www.accs-net.com/hosts/what_is_hosts.html