-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Fw: Resource hog?

  • From: "~OoO~" <SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 13:26:17 -0500

The program seems to be a resource hog, but only while its scanning. CPU
intensive on my machine. but again, only while its actively scanning your
system.
---Troth

  _____

From: Michael Scott <mailto:conrod@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 02/20/05 04:22:52
To: pctechtalk <mailto:pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Fw: Resource hog?

Hello Group,

Just been sitting in the background for a while, but have enjoyed everyone's
point of view on a variety of subjects.

Ad-Aware SE......is this a resource hog? I am still in the dark ages with
HAL, running 98SE  120mb RAM.

I love the program but since loading it sloooowww is what I have. Apart from
that my ISP is about to get an earful. I am getting the chop more than the
local butcher and each reconnection is costing money.......... that's apart
from the frustration of downloading 180 of 181 emails, then dropping out and
starting again.

I deleted my old connection and found a connection for something named "NV"
which had a dial up number 555-555. I know I didn't put it there.  Any
clues.?  Tried several times to do an online scan for nasties but can't stay
on long enough. Any pearls of wisdom will be appreciated,

Lyn

 <http://www.incredimail.com/index.asp?id=54475> Add FUN to your email -
CLICK HERE!