-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Fw: Best Buys Return Policy

  • From: "Larry Southerland"<larrysoutherland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 23:32:04 -0400

This article is right on point:

http://couponing.about.com/od/bargainshoppingtips/a/restockingfees.htm

Take for example, Best Buy's current restocking policy which states:

      "A restocking fee of 15% will be charged on opened notebook computers,
projectors, camcorders, digital cameras, radar detectors, GPS/navigation and
in-car video systems unless defective or prohibited by law. A restocking fee
of 25% will be charged on Special Order Products, including appliances
unless defective or prohibited by law."

In other words, if you wish to return a notebook computer that you opened
and tried but did not like and it cost $600, Best Buy has the right to
deduct $90 from the amount of the refund.