-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Formatting Flash Drives

  • From: "Don101" <don101@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 10:35:48 -0400

I don't have partition utility handy, but I am thinking that I may not need
to partition it anyway or it may not help to partition.  Also, I have not
yet opened the 4GB drive.  If the 1GB will do the job I will use the 4GB for
something else.  And I want to finish with the 1GB before I tackle the 4GB.

To that end:

Is there a way to have two programs launch from an autorun file.  I would
like to have RoboForm2Go (password manager) and ASuite (portable app
launcher) start when the drive is installed or the computer rebooted.

First thing I will do with the 4GB is try to format as an NTFS drive.  I
have no need to use it in an older computer so compatibility with 95/98/ME
is irrelevant.  If NTFS doesn't work, I will then use FAT32.

Don