-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Fonts Tutorial

  • From: GMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 22:58:03 -0400

Welcome home Sandi,
    Go into the Windows Fonts folder and change your view to Details mode.
If an item is a shortcut, you should see a small arrow at the bottom of the
icon.  If no arrows are present, I have to wonder if any of your shortcuts
(such as what might be on your desktop) show arrows.  If you don't see any
there, create one by making a shortcut to a folder on your hard drive
(perhaps the Windows Fonts folder if you'd like quick access to it).  If
that shortcut doesn't have an arrow, let me know and I'll show you how to
bring them back.

    The Properties > General tab's name field is only showing you the actual
filename, so it's not a difference in the contents of those files, just a
difference in the name.  If all of their dates are the same, I'd be inclined
to try and Copy them to a new folder, just to see how they react to each
other.  The "Do you want to replace ..." box that should pop up may show you
something that's different about the files even though it's limited to name,
size and date comparisons.

Peace,
GMan

"The only dumb questions are the ones we fail to ask!"