-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Fonts Tutorial

  • From: "Sandi Beach" <sandib2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 14:55:00 -0500

I just finished removing all of the shortcuts from my Windows Fonts Folder.
Re-checked not once but three times and caught some I had missed. Knew I
would.  Now I am ready to rest a bit and await your next post.
In the meantime I did a Google search and came up with yet another list of
"essential Windows Fonts".   This list included "any font with a red A for
its icon." and "Any font that begins with the letters MS".  This information
was found in the first hit on Google and is from
"graphicssoft.about.com-----"
The fonts I had already moved to Xtra fonts folder (now in My Documents,
Downloads) had many that became just a number so if I had moved them en
masse they would have been difficult to identify.
If "making mistakes and fixing the mess" is the absolute best way to learn,
I am doing a bang up job of it!
Sandi