-=PCTechTalk=- Re: First Experience With The Geek Squad

  • From: "Lilian" <lilian.oswaldocruz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 18:00:56 -0300

I don´t cry over CompUSA either.  First time I was in Miami (was living in
UK at the time) I bought a lot of stuff there and I thought it was great.
Last time I visited, I had to get a MB for hubby´s computer but became so
frustrated with the salesman (when I was able to corner him), he knew much
less than I about components.  The manager was even worse, and so rude... I
nearly wrote to Head Office about him and swore never to set foot there
again.  I ended up getting the MB through mail order, but it arrived after
we had left!!!  The best country to buy computer stuff is in the UK.  You
order one day they deliver 2 days later.  You can discuss your order over
the phone with a knowledgeable sales person and if you change your mind they
will exchange the part (within reason) no problem.  Great customer
service... the drawback is that its more expensive than in the US.

Regards
Lil