-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Firefox

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 23:35:08 -0400

My guesswould be that Crimson was installed after Firefox, which then
allowed Crimson to steal the HTML/HTM association.

First, open up Crimson Editor and look through the Options for anything
along the lines of "Don't allow other applications to steal assigned file
associations".  If you find anything like it (not all apps have that), make
sure it's not selected to follow that advice.  Next, locate one of each .HTM
& .HTML files.  Individually right click on each and select "Open With ...".
When the box appears, select Firefox, check the box near the bottom that
says something like "Always use this program for files of this type" and
then click OK.  As you complete those steps for each one, the file should
open right up within Firefox, showing you that the association is now fixed.

Peace,
Gman