-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Eastern Europe

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 19:58:47 -0700

Hi Bob,
Have a good trip, it sounds like a good adventure.

My mothers father was from a small town near Bucharest.
He and Edward G Robson emigrated to England  as 9 year olds.

That side of the family tree is lost due to his changing his name when he=
 emigrated so we don't know the name of the town.

Mike the mod
******* Mike's  REPLY SEPARATOR *********

On 4/18/2005 at 10:43 PM The Keyboard Cowboy wrote:

Group,
I just got back from Scottsdale this evening, and am off to Hungary,
Turkey, and Romania tomorrow afternoon.   I was a bit quiet in
Scottsdale this trip - my new Dell XPS computer had a HD failure the
night I arrived.  It's up and running again with two new HDs courtesy
of Dell <G>  In a way, it's a good thing as I reloaded WinXP and all
the updates, but none of the junk that always comes on new computers
(Dell, HP, etc.).

To get some of my favorite CDs back on the computer, I downloaded a
copy of Audiograbber.  I used this program back when it was shareware,
now it's freeware.  Nice program, runs perfectly and makes copying CDs
to the computer as MP3s a dream!

http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/

Play nice kids.....I'll be back in a couple of weeks!

   Regards from

 Bob -- the "Keyboard Cowboy",
           ,,,,,,,,
          =D4=BF=D4=AC
 Cincinnati, Ohio - Scottsdale, Arizona
 Monday, 4/18/2005, @ 10:36:17 PM EST
 Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one
who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but
downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably
ruined."

 -- Patrick Henry