-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Drive compression

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 21:28:24 -0400

And that's precisely why I'll be taking a remote look at the system.
Computer Management will tell me what Windows can normally see.  A walk
through the Command Prompt will tell me if it's all true or if there's a
mounted volume hidden within.  If all else fails to bring joy, a low-level
format will take care of everything, although I still prefer to not go that
route.

I used drive compression back when 1GB drives were still considered huge.
The experiment paid off handsomely once I destroyed my ability to mount it.
Turns out you should NEVER compress your boot/system partition.  Who knew??
lol

Peace,
Gman