-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Don Re: Pat Re: testing

  • From: "Faythe & Al" <rem41mag@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 21:06:50 -0500

I wasn't sure what to call it.
I did a reformat without erasing everything on my harddrive.
that way I didn't lose my favorites or email addresses.
I still have to reinstall some programs I had & I had to do updates over...
but hopefully I will stop getting this dumb error I have been getting that
shuts down my computer...
 while in OE ( V 6) Msimn has caused an error in DIBENG.DLL  and will now
close....)

I looked at the Microsoft help site & a few online help sites & could not
find that error anywhere???
I did try a couple of fixes that where recommended for other errors that
where close & did run my AV & spy programs, all came back clean ??? I did
several scan disks and a defrag.

the only update I did not do yet is to update to OE 6 ( still have OE5),
even though I have been running that for several months.

the only other thing I had done recently was to install MS office so I could
open pps files ( this added all the office programs & outlook, but I left OE
as my default, since I am familiar with it) & my ISP added an accelerator. I
have not turned the accelerator on yet either....

any input anyone has, I am all ears !!

thanks
Faythe

Before somebody misunderstands what you said, it is impossible to do a
"partial" reformat.  You either format a harddrive or you don't.

I suspect what you really meant was to say that you formatted the drive but
did not use FDISK to reconfigure existing partitions or set new ones.

Or possibly, that you uninstalled some software, cleaned up the registry,
ran scandisk and defrag, then reinstalled the software on your system.

Don