-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Disappearing bookmarks

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 19:29:30 -0400

Jo Ann,
    That's odd, unless you did something last time to reset any of your
preferences.

    To get them back, open Windows Explorer and go to C:\Documents and
Settings\username\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\9e2g46sr.default
(substituting your own profile folder name).  Within it, you'll see a
bookmarks.html file as well as a bookmarks.bak file.  If the .bak file is
much larger than the .html one, shut down Firefox, delete the .html one,
create a copy of the .bak file and then rename the .bak file with an .html
extension.  When you next fire up the browser, they should return to normal.
If you find that both of the above files are small, but you know you have a
lot of bookmarks, try looking in the "bookmarkbackups" folder, which should
also be in this location.

    What has me concerned is that you also seem to have lost your
'homepage'.  Is anything else missing?