-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Dell Problems

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 16:30:41 -0400

Sue,
    If the Dell mouse is still connected (and assuming it's connected
somewhere within the main collection of mainboard ports in the top half of
the back of the tower), unplug it from its current location and then plug it
into a different USB port somewhere else on the tower.  For instance, if
it's plugged in near the top of the back, look for any USB ports closer to
the bottom of the case in the back and try one of those.  If it's currently
plugged into the back of the case and there is no other place for USB, see
if there is an available USB port on the front.  The trick here is to not
use one that's less than three inches away from the one it's currently
using.  Let me know if the problem persists or goes away, but only after
using it in its new location for a while.  The reason for this test is to
see if it's simply a bad port we're dealing with.