-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Deleted Email.

  • From: "Don" <dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 12:44:41 -0400

Lionel,

If you are using Outlook Express your email is stored in a database file.
Each email is a record in that file.  When you delete an email it goes into
the Deleted Items folders.  It can be easily restored by simply moving it to
a different folder.  When you empty the Deleted Items folder, you actually
only MARK the records for deletion the next time the file is compacted.
Outlook Express is written such that it does NOT list messages marked for
deletion.

In theory, if you can find a database program to read the .dbx format you
could unmark those messages and see them in Outlook Express.

As to System Restore NOT restoring the emails, I suspect that email is NOT
one of the system items that is monitored.

Don