-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Data base

  • From: dktrfaustus@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 00:57:19 +0100

On 4 May 2005 at 13:05, Judith wrote:
> I want to be able to have a number of graphics on a page, for
> the person to choose the graphic and then have an output of the
> graphics chosen put in a particular order on another web page.
>
> Also want to have text included based on what the person picked.
> Is this feasible for a data base or am I wishing on a star here?

It's certainly feasible, but I'm having a hard time visualising
_exactly_ what you're after. Perhaps if you could show us a site
which employs similar features?

If you asked most web designers, they would probably tell you that
PHP and MySQL would be the best tools for the job, and I'd agree, but
that can be quite a learning curve. It might be possible to do what
you're after with JavaScripts alone.

If no one here can coach you through this, I recommend you look into
some website design mailing lists; they are better equipped to handle
such questions.

I used to frequent a good list at evolt.org, called "thelist":
http://lists.evolt.org/

(...and for tuition websites, you can't get much better than
webmonkey.com.
BTW, did you get my link posted previously about your "audio player"
embedding problem?)

Faustus