-=PCTechTalk=- Re: DVD

  • From: "Trevnal" <trev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 07:38:15 -0000

§Pat§,

You could rip the DVD to your hard drive and then turn it into a VCD or
SVCD.  As the material should not be copyrighted and your friend has said
you can do it, you can not be breaking any laws too.

May be that is of use to you.

Trevnal
From: "Rick" <union865@xxxxxxxxx>

   You can copy most any CD, but not a DVD.=20

Rick=20
From: "Rick" <union865@xxxxxxxxx>

   If I read your email correctly, you have a DVD you are trying to copy
with a CD-Writer drive. It doesn't work that way. You need to use a
DVD-Recorder to copy DVD's. If I didn't read it correctly, sorry.

Rick=3D20
From: "DavisUnit" <davist@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Do you have more than one CD drive?
Usually the software needs you to specify a "source" drive during a =3D =
copy.

Terry