-=PCTechTalk=- Re: DSL

  • From: Rob Wiens <didnjaknow@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 05:27:47 -0700 (PDT)

Hi
The lady with the phone company you were talking with
has no idea what she is talking about, she's a sales
rep not a tech. The phone in your house works on two
wires (tip and ring) not four. The DSL modem just
plugs directly into the phone jack, if you are using
the individual line filters they go between each phone
and the wall jack, you do not use a filter on the DSL
modem. The filter is a low pass filter and removes the
frequencies above 4KHz, without them you voice
connection will be very noisy. If you go with a single
line filter it is placed on the last point out of your
house, the voice circuits are attached to the filtered
output side and the DSL modem to the data side. The
single line filter is the best option if it is
available to you