-=PCTechTalk=- Re: DOS emulators

  • From: "Colo" <colo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 03:03:35 +0530

I could not run my old DOS program in XP-Pro even after editing config.nt,
or by changing program shortcut properties to run a config.sys file with a
files=60 statement.

What finally worked for me was VMWare Workstation from www.vmware.com, which
creates a virtual DOS loaded (or any other OS including Linux) virtual
machine in XP, and provides a command line interface from which I was able
to run my program. Just had to make a bootable DOS CD.

Other programs that purportedly do this are DOSBox (which did not work for
me), Bochs and Connectix Virtual PC for Windows 4.0.

Colo