-=PCTechTalk=- Re: .DBX e-mail

  • From: Keyboard Cowboy <KBCowboy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Janet <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 20:24:32 -0700

I still want to be sure we're talking apples to apples.   When you right click,
you have the option to use Win.rar...........that simply is a option to
compress, or uncompresss the dbx file.   I don't believe it will allow you to
"read" the dbx file.  You still need a separate program to do that.  What
program was used to create the dbx file.....what e-mail program?  Use that
program to read them.........or import the files into your current e-mail
program if it is the same that was used to create the dbx file.   That make
sense to you?
   Regards from

 Bob -- the "Keyboard Cowboy",
           ,,,,,,,,
          Ô¿Ô¬
    Cincinnati, Ohio
 Scottsdale, Arizona
 ==========<[0]>===========
 Saturday  7/22/2006  8:22:07 PM

 A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.

 -- English proverb

==========<[O]>==========

On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 18:18:16 +0100, Janet wrote:

|  Yes, its e-mails.  If I right click on the .dbx it offers me to
|  compress = it with Win.rar and I really want an easier way than
|  messing around with = some of the software I have seen to convert
|  .dbx files into readable = e-mails.    I found some more software
|  for the purpose so I guess I = shall have to look at them, but, if
|  you or anyone knows of something = that is idiot proof, I am all
|  ears!  -)
|
|  Janet
|

|  ----- Original Message -----=20
|  From: "Keyboard Cowboy" <KBCowboy@xxxxxxxxx>
|

| |  Janet,
| |  I'm not exactly sure what you are asking.  If memory serves me =
| |
|  correctly,=20
| |  Win.rar is a compression/archive code or program.  Any dbx file
| |  can be =
| |
|  saved in=20
| |  any of the compression algorithms and then restored.   You
| |  can't use =
| |