-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Copying tables in Microsoft Word 2000

  • From: dktrfaustus@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 18:48:22 +0100

On 27 Jun 2005 at 15:01, cristy wrote:
> Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong in trying to copy a table?  I
> have my resume in a table on Microsoft Word 2000.  When I click edit
> and select all, then copy and try to paste it into my school
> application form the format is all off , table basically is gone.

It might get screwed up if the margins, page orientation and other
page formatting settings on the two documents are different.  Check
"Page Setup" from the File menu for both docs.

Proper way to copy a table:
1. Highligh a column/row from the table
2. From the Table menu, scroll to Select >> Table
3. Copy and paste, as normal

If it still looks wrong, you may need to experiment with the "Paste
Special" options in Word.

Faustus