-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Computers.

  • From: "David J. Weaver" <djweaver@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 13:25:45 -0500

Well, personally I would stay away from Vista time being.

I would stay away from Dell with the exception of the XPS line.  Here's =
why.
The XPS line is going to be Dell's name brand for competing with =
Alienware
(even though they now own that botique).  The XPS line doesn't use =
reworked
components like their main lines do.

Your right about the support.  It is marginal.

A custom built computer is more about getting exactly what you want down =
the screws used (if you think I'm kidding I actually had a customer =
specify
what screws to use).  A custom builder will also offer better support =
most
of the time, and an easier way to access your warranties than the big
manufacturer's who make you imitate a circus animal.

Dave