-=PCTechTalk=- Re: CLOCK

  • From: "Robert Andrew Dulaney Jr." <rdulaneyjr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 09:14:22 -0700 (PDT)

I never have ether MS Bluebelle.  But if it is left plugged in as I believe she
has said the battery should not be faulty.  it uses the battery when no other
power sourse is available.

I am awfully foggy in the head - obviously I am not building systems today.
maybe I shoul put a disclaimer in my e-mails to this board, at least till my
head clears :-)
Bluebelle <bluebelle1st@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Just to clarify---This is the little CMOS battery that is between the size
of a nickel and a quarter (looks like a big watch battery) that is on all
motherboards. It can last a long time or go out tomorrow. It only costs a
small amount to replace it. About 1-3 dollars. Losing time is almost always
a symptom of its failure but I have never heard of its losing part of the
screen for time. That is why I have not answered before.

Here is one place that that tells you how. There are many others, search for
CMOS battery.

http://www.cybertechhelp.com/html/tutorials/tutorial.php/id/58

Bluebelle