-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Burning question--Lil

  • From: "Sammi" <sammi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 19:23:39 -0600

Gman, does this mean that you already had 2 drives and then you got the
enclosures (housings?) and put the drives in that? And these drives are
USB2? Your mention of 500Gs made me drool, : ) As do 2 new memory sticks,
both at 1G which would give me 2Gs.

I have replaced and installed bad and larger drives in my old pc, as well as
modems, memory of course, a floppy drive and a CD RW drive. I'm not afraid
of getting under the hood, so to speak. It's some of the other things I am
unsure of, like is this pc capable of running another internal drive? It
appears to me that there is an empty bay. And how do I determine these
things? And external for just backups sounds just like what I think I would
like to have. I think that the memory is capped at 2Gs.

The idea of a 1 button approach is inticing. I'll head on over to NewEgg
soon and check those out; I figured you weren't knocking Tiger Direct. A
years ago I bought some things at NewEgg; I had forgotten that. Also at CDW
and PC Zone...boy that seems like a very long time ago.

Again, thanks for the new information,
Sammi