-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Burning question--Lil

  • From: "Larry Southerland"<larrysoutherland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 23:24:01 -0400

Another factor to consider when adding internal drives is the size of your
power supply in light of the other demands made on the power supply due to
other devices (e.g., DVD drives, MO drives, tape backups, etc.).  I had to
purchase a really big power supply due to the fact that I have 6 internal
hard drives (in a big case), floppy drive, zip drive, tape unit, MO drive,
and 2 DVD drives.

They still do make, I believe, frontside drive fans which can be placed in
front of internal hard drives to blow additional air across the drives.
Instead of having a front plate in front of your internal hard drives, there
are a set of two fans (each) blowing air in and out across the drives
(behind them).