-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Browser plug-in for Paypal

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 22:07:29 -0400

While it doesn't necessarily infer anything about the extension, the
LifeHacker site itself is a fun place to learn about a LOT of topics.  They
are using the term "hacker' for its true meaning (one who enjoys tinkering)
rather than the bad connotations that the mass media have hoisted upon it (a
synonym for "cracker", which refers to the 'bad guys').

I don't use Paypal, so I won't be able to test the extension.  If it's being
promoted by the Lifehacker staff, it is very likely safe to use.  I would
still look to download it directly from the Mozilla site since their servers
are secure so the downloads there are guaranteed to be safe.