-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Audiograbber

  • From: The Keyboard Cowboy <KBCowboy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 08:16:40 -0400

Hi there bud!!
Interesting you should mention that.  As I said, I used it too - then
just sort of let it slip away.

I also downloaded Exactaudiocopy on a writeup in a magazine.  I loaded
it first, but couldn't get it to make MP3s, only wav files.  Wav files
work on the computer, but the program I use to play my MP3s doesn't
recognize wav files -- I use a little program called 1by1 to play
MP3s.  I couldn't see a way to get to MP3s directly from
Exactaudiocopy...........though I admit I didn't spend a lot of time
looking.  I'd also downloaded Audiograbber.

I installed audiograbber and it ran perfectly, did MP3 files, and also
had the title-lookup built in...........worked for me <chuckle>

Do you really see a great difference in the quality of the results?
In Exactaudiocopy I set it up for 160 bit. Wav files are inherently
larger than MP3s, and 160 bit makes them even larger.  I ended up with
3-4 meg files for each song.  If I converted the wav files to MP3s,
I'd sue up even more HD space.  With Audiograbber, I got MP3 files
(with no intermediate wav file) directly with files sizes around 1.5
megs.  With the quantity of files I keep on the hard drive, that
reduction seems important (800 gig hard drive space, RAID 0, but many
thousand MP3 files).  So far, I haven't noticed any bad pops, gaps,
etc. in the music.

   Regards from

 Bob -- the "Keyboard Cowboy",
           ,,,,,,,,
          Ô¿Ô¬
 Cincinnati, Ohio - Scottsdale, Arizona
 Tuesday, 4/19/2005, @ 8:06:08 AM EST
 On golf....

 The greatest sound in golf is the woosh, woosh, woosh sound your
opponents club makes as he hurls it across the fairway.

 ~~ Anonymous

==================|:o:|==================

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 12:30:03 +0100, dktrfaustus@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
  |   On 18 Apr 2005 at 22:43, The Keyboard Cowboy wrote:
  |    |   To get some of my favorite CDs back on the computer, I
  |    |   downloaded a copy of Audiograbber.  I used this program
  |    |   back when it was shareware, now it's freeware.  Nice
  |    |   program, runs perfectly and makes copying CDs to the
  |    |   computer as MP3s a dream!
  |    |
  |    |   http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/
  |    |