-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Attachment extractor in Thunderbird WAS: Re: Re: Thunderbird unsatisfactory

  • From: dsw32952 <dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 12:01:49 -0800

Thank you David.  I had been there and done that but no help.  I went
back and tried some of the various options to launch the extractor and
found one that works, most of the time.  I'm really disappointed at how
erratic its behavior is.

Most of the time, File>Extract Attachments>Extract from all messages in
folder will work.  Other times I have to select all the messages first
then it works.

Also, if you right click a folder and select Extract All Attachments
without first left clicking to select the folder, it will extract from
the folder last selected rather than the folder that was right clicked.

So far Attachment Extractor and Thunderbird have both proven to be a big
disappointment.