-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Antivirus

  • From: Disastar <disastar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 14:01:45 -0500

Those complaints don't really surprise me.  Although I have never used CA
personally, I have never really considered to use it because it has never
been too far up on the review charts.  Its not known for that great of
protection or usability.  There actually are some advantages to it like its
security suite covers all security concerns and I'm pretty sure it prompts
for user interaction as little as possible.

All of my experience using CA is from PC's that were infected so I agree
with the reviews that show its protection is not the best.  Parts of it are
very hard to uninstall also.  I could not figure out how to uninstall the
parental control without the parental control password.  OK, so that is good
for protection of your PC, but this guy bought the laptop used and didn't
know the password.  lol