-=PCTechTalk=- Re: An odd question....

  • From: "Ryan Greenier" <rgreenier@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 13:32:08 -0400

Without using alternative software (none that I know of specifically),
there's no way on Windows to have it automatically change colors depending
on what directory you are in.
That being said, what you *can *do is create short-cuts to command prompts
that start in said directories with specific color-profiles set per command
window shortcut. Just copy the shortcut from the accessories menu, paste it
somewhere you want (desktop, quicklaunch, etc) and then modify the
properties on that shortcut. On the shortcut tab within properties, change
the "start in" to where you want the prompt to be. Then under the colors
profile, you can assign your below criteria. Rinse & repeat.

However if you CD into another location, the color profile is not going to
change.

- Ryan