-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Additional memory to desktop..

  • From: Foxhillers@xxxxxxx
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 12:08:34 EST

In a message dated 1/31/04 11:37:13 AM Eastern Standard Time,
HandsomeBlck@xxxxxxx writes:
> OK, great.  Is there such a thing as too much, or useful memory?  I
> routinely
> multi task with three or more programs all running.
>
> HB

HB
   With WIN 95 and 98se, there can be a very marked slowdown in performance
with too much RAM.  WIN98se runs beautifully for me with 512 and I will
frequently have three major apps running and be logged on via dialup AOL.....
all
this without taxing the system, an Athlon 600.
   My friend, Mary, did not believe me and put in too much RAM and suffers a
system slower than it was when she had only 64 k RAM.

MJH
"The Basil Book"
http://foxhillfarm.us/FireBasil