-=PCTechTalk=- Re: AVG--free program update

  • From: "Bob T" <btempleton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 18:36:07 -0500

Lyn, got this from AVG forum.
Bob T

After you have the files,

1. Verify and update your computer's time and date, AVG uses this info to
determine if you have the correct files.

2. Open the Control Center,

3. Double Click on the Update Manager or select it then press the Properties
button at the bottom of the screen.

4. On the Properties screen unselect the option labeled "Do not ask for the
update source", click Apply and Ok.

5. Now click the Update button on the bottom of the screen.

6. In the pop-up window, click the Folder button.

7. Navigate to the folder where you had downloaded the update files into and
click Ok. (Sometimes this needs done twice for AVG to see the file.)

8. AVG will update now with the file you had selected unless it contains the
same as you already had.