-=PCTechTalk=- Re: AVG-Free 2013 update problems...

  • From: Skip <chazzlee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 01:41:01 -0400

Don
I do really appreciate that the basic AVG is free, but still there's no way
I am going to do all of the work for them re their 2013 version that you
suggested here.  -Also I didn't get nag screens, but different sites came
up several times than what I was clicking for. And several times I would
actually find the right site, but after a few seconds AVG would say "FFox
cannot find this site" and then it would disappear and a page listing
various AVG options would then appear instead!
Anyway I used my WinXP Ctrl options to remove AVG 2013, then found a 2012
version still out on the web that I downloaded and AVG again worked
perfectly for me, and all of the aforementioned difficulties went away.
Only problem is I don't think I'll get good updates this way, because the
first update request I received from AVG tried to change the program back
up to the 2013 version??!! -And I sure as heck don't want to go thru all of
that nonsense again!

So meantime I'll still keep AVG at the 2012 level, but only for a very
short time until I can get around to removing it again, and then it's Avast
for me. -But thanks anyway for your help and suggestions, I appreciate it!

Regards,
Skip
{Greywoulf}
From: <recklessmaverick@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: AVG 2013 stinks; --removed!
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 12:31:48 -0400

AVG is a top quality product whether using the free version or the
paid one.  If you got your install file from anywhere except an
official AVG download site or mirror then you may have gotten a copy
that has been pacjaged with extra software or extra "features" that
may be causing your problems.

Report your problems to the AVG support staff and/or support forums.
Be sure to includes all pertinent data including the file name and
the download URL for the install file you downloaded.  Also include
other info such as computer type, OS, other security software
installed and anything else that might be useful to analyze the
problem.  You might be asked to run HiJackThis or similar
troubleshooting tool.

Don

in the Subject.