-=PCTechTalk=- Re: AVG Question

  • From: "~OoO~" <SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 08:12:36 -0500

Anything in the vault can be removed. The vault is used to save a copy of
the virus, either stripped or in its form with the infected file. You would
really only keep it if you want to do any kind of research on it or, more
likely, the infected file could not be repaired and you really need the
file. So, you keep it in the vault hoping that one day someone or something
will come to the rescue and save the file.

Healing is obviously to repair the fail and wipe is, well, delete the file.
I don't use AVG, but like any virus app, you usually have it try to heal,
and if it can't delete you have it vault the file. Then, on occasion, you
check the vault and see if the file is needed.

---Troth