-=PCTechTalk=- Re: AVG IS LOCKING UP MY OUTLOOK

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 23:36:22 -0500

Hi Gaynel,
    Uninstalling the program may not remove the add-on, too.  First,
uninstall AVG again temporarily.

    If you're using WinXP for your OS, go to Control Panel > Internet
Options.  Click on the Program's tab and then on the Manage Add-ons button
to bring up the manager window.  You may have to hunt a bit, but look
through all of the different areas within the "Show" drop down box for
anything related to AVG in the list below that.  If you see something and
AVG is supposedly uninstalled, you've found the problem and we'll have to do
a little fancy footwork to clean that out of there since "Disabling" it will
not be enough.

Peace,
Gman
http://www.bornagainamerican.org