-=PCTechTalk=- Re: AVG HELP PLEASE

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 20:30:09 -0400

Richard,
    The installation uses a default password of 'symantec' without the
quotes.  The default username would be either the same as that password or
the word Admin.  If you supplied a different password during the install,
you may be able to reset it using the directions below, assuming you find
the "ConsolePassword" entry.  If it's not there, let me know.

1) Completely shut down the service within Control Panel's Services applet

2) Change this key in registry:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\INTEL\LANDesk\VirusProtect6\CurrentVersion\ConsolePassword

to value 1084A085DC6BD2D755D4D6A7726

This is the default password: symantec

3) Start the service back up

Peace,