-=PCTechTalk=- Re: AVG Failing to update

  • From: "DH (Rick) Holmes" <hayvan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 22:27:38 +1300

Don,  I'm only guessing that a missed update is 'caught up'
subsequently. I may be wrong, and if anyone wants to say that I am,
please do.
AS far as AVG7 is concerned, it is only in the last couple of weeks that
I have experienced a problem . That has been that nothing starts to
download like it did prior to that. The message I get is that the
internet connection cannot be found!  Why I get this I do not  know,
because I am definitely connected.

With AVG6 the 'cz' site was always 'iffy', and somebody suggested
changing to the .com site. This was always good.  However, I don't seem
to have the url.ini file now, and that's was where the .com website had
to be added. Has anyone any answer to this, please?  I think milady
might have the answer when she suggests waiting till later in the day
American time, but whether that applies to us in New Zealand, where we
are 7 or 8 hours ahead, I'm inclined to wonder. I'd dearly like to be
able to d/l from .com.

 Cheers,  Rick H

Don wrote