-=PCTechTalk=- Re: AVG

  • From: "David F. Wooledge" <wooledge001@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "@freelistts PCTechTalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 18:38:16 -0700 (PDT)

Cris,
I have been out of town and the LCD on my laptop is kaput.  It just shows wavy
lines after it boots into Windows.  I was not looking at the description for
the Titanium edition at the Panda site.  I did download the Titanium edition to
see what exactly id did.  It does not do automatic scanning of your whole
system.  I think you could set it up in Windows scheduled tasks do do this.  I
am not sure, i did not try and I have since removed the program.  What is does
do is monitor programs and files as they are opened and accessed and scans the
individual files.  I purposely opened a virus and Panda Titanium caught it.
AVG does scan the whole system on a schedule on its own.

-----------------------------
From: "cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: AVG
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 12:23:24 -0400

Thannks!
my new system is winxp home. I put service pack 2 on it. It has an AMD
processor -
currently, it has AVG on it, but I have yet to bring it in here to hook it up
the cable! I planned on doing that today - but I broke a tooth off, and am
running out of time before I head to the dentist. I would need to have it fully
operational for my daughter when she got home from school - which, it wouldn't
be.

this computer, is winXP home - intel processor. Norton 2004 system works. and
free zone alarm. No service pack 2 yet. no room for it on the system yet.

did you look at the titanium version of panda? that is what my friend's have.

If AVG has been working fine for everyone, I may just leave it on there and not
worry about purchasing one right now. I know the 2005 editions are out now too
-
or hidden in the back room of the computer stores!!
Cris